Although the circumstances of the fatal accident between a cyclist and a city bus are not yet known it seems doubtful the bus illegally failed to stop at an intersection. Previous blogs have decried the failure of cyclists to conform to the rules of the road and the lack of police enforcement of the Highway Code with respect to cyclists. It is perhaps worthwhile to note the improvement in the safety habits of motorcyle riders after years of police operations and public awareness campaigns: By and large riders in Montreal now seem to practice safe habits. One can only hope cyclists will learn to stop trying to prove they can out race cars by ignoring stop signals and direction indicators before many more tragic mishaps occur.
- Supreme Court of Canada Issues Landmark Ruling In Drug Cases January 7, 2021
- British Court Refuses Extradition of Julian Assange January 6, 2021
- The Politics of Extradition January 29, 2019
- Major Changes To The Criminal Law In 2018 December 31, 2018
- Montreal criminal lawyers adapting to pot legalization October 31, 2018