The Courts are being called upon frequently to interpret and apply the law to the new realities of the internet. The above article discusses the Supreme Court’s decision to consider the question whether a person who posts a link on a web site to another site containing defamatory material can be held liable for publishing the offensive material. In light of the fact the Supreme Court recently decided a shortcut to a site containing illegal pornography did not constitute possession of the illegal material it seems likely the court will decline to impose liability for the content of external linked sources.
- Supreme Court of Canada Issues Landmark Ruling In Drug Cases January 7, 2021
- British Court Refuses Extradition of Julian Assange January 6, 2021
- The Politics of Extradition January 29, 2019
- Major Changes To The Criminal Law In 2018 December 31, 2018
- Montreal criminal lawyers adapting to pot legalization October 31, 2018