Those with pending tickets for ‘major excess’ of speed limits and even those already convicted of such offences had hoped the double fines and demerit points might be avoided by the judgment in the above case but unfortunately the judge upheld the legality of the harsh new laws. There is always the possibility of an appeal, failing which drivers would do well to note the penalties set out in the March 9th posting below.
- Supreme Court of Canada Issues Landmark Ruling In Drug Cases January 7, 2021
- British Court Refuses Extradition of Julian Assange January 6, 2021
- The Politics of Extradition January 29, 2019
- Major Changes To The Criminal Law In 2018 December 31, 2018
- Montreal criminal lawyers adapting to pot legalization October 31, 2018