It is interesting how uniform the attitude of Montreal criminal defence lawyers towards Crown Prosecutors is in the aftermath of the imposed settlement ending the two week strike which all but paralyzed to criminal justice system. Defence lawyers are all aware of the palpable resentment, bordering on hostility, of the prosecutors with the result that they are being largely left alone for the balance of the week. The number of phone calls coming into the Crown’s switchboard must be drastically reduced as defence attorneys allow for a cooling off period before attempting any meaningful dealings with their counterparts.
- Supreme Court of Canada Issues Landmark Ruling In Drug Cases January 7, 2021
- British Court Refuses Extradition of Julian Assange January 6, 2021
- The Politics of Extradition January 29, 2019
- Major Changes To The Criminal Law In 2018 December 31, 2018
- Montreal criminal lawyers adapting to pot legalization October 31, 2018