After two weeks of frustration on the part of prosecutors, defence lawyers and members of the public striking government lawyers asked for the Premier to intervene personally to revive negotiations which had become bitter and then broken off. Mr. Charest responded by convoking the National Assembly for a Monday morning session to legislate the strikers back to work. It appears the parties truly have distanced themselves so far that a harmony will not be restored any time soon, since the previous contract was also imposed by decree back in 2005!
- Supreme Court of Canada Issues Landmark Ruling In Drug Cases January 7, 2021
- British Court Refuses Extradition of Julian Assange January 6, 2021
- The Politics of Extradition January 29, 2019
- Major Changes To The Criminal Law In 2018 December 31, 2018
- Montreal criminal lawyers adapting to pot legalization October 31, 2018