In order to further entrench their image of ‘tough on crime’ protectors of public safety the Harper government is once again proposing measures which fly in the face of the policies advocated by those who work in the youth justice system and presumably have the most knowledge of the best way to deal with the problem of youth criminality. Thus, while trained and experienced experts propose programs aimed at prevention through programs for disadvantaged youths and reintegration for those who do offend, Crime Buster Harper proposes to send more young persons to the school of crime which our prisons are, and for longer periods.
- Supreme Court of Canada Issues Landmark Ruling In Drug Cases January 7, 2021
- British Court Refuses Extradition of Julian Assange January 6, 2021
- The Politics of Extradition January 29, 2019
- Major Changes To The Criminal Law In 2018 December 31, 2018
- Montreal criminal lawyers adapting to pot legalization October 31, 2018