As the nation awaits the imminent publication of the report of yet another multi million dollar public inquiry into a seemingly very simple situation the crime busting Prime Minister’s office has expressed concern that the RCMP’s apology to the mother of the man who died needlessly at the hands of four officers was not genuine. Although cynics might point out the fact that the victim’s family has accepted an apparently modest financial settlement makes it easier for our leader to admit fault on the part of our elite national police force, it is nonetheless heartening to see a recognition on the part of the Prime Minister that four police officers should be able to subdue an unarmed fatigued traveler without killing him in the presence of numerous witnesses and on camera.
- Supreme Court of Canada Issues Landmark Ruling In Drug Cases January 7, 2021
- British Court Refuses Extradition of Julian Assange January 6, 2021
- The Politics of Extradition January 29, 2019
- Major Changes To The Criminal Law In 2018 December 31, 2018
- Montreal criminal lawyers adapting to pot legalization October 31, 2018