Montreal criminal lawyers are reaping the first fruits of the police operation targeting corruption in the construction sector. One must admit if convictions result from the charges laid against a former mayor, a former municipal counselor, the heads of a major construction company as well as several corporate managers it will be a good start toward regaining the confidence of a cynical electorate. Nonetheless, many commentators still ask why a police operation attenuates the need for a public inquiry into a problem which costs the public enormously more than the flaws in the process of nominating judges.
- Supreme Court of Canada Issues Landmark Ruling In Drug Cases January 7, 2021
- British Court Refuses Extradition of Julian Assange January 6, 2021
- The Politics of Extradition January 29, 2019
- Major Changes To The Criminal Law In 2018 December 31, 2018
- Montreal criminal lawyers adapting to pot legalization October 31, 2018