Although according to experts the exercise will prove largely symbolic it is heartening to see Pakistani authorities press charges against their former chief of state. While several notorious former strongmen, such as Milosevic and Taylor, have been tried in the International Court all too often criminal heads of state escape indictment by their own countries. Idi Amin and the Duvaliers as egregious examples of former human rights offenders who were permitted to live lives of leisure in exile once their reign of terror ended.
- Supreme Court of Canada Issues Landmark Ruling In Drug Cases January 7, 2021
- British Court Refuses Extradition of Julian Assange January 6, 2021
- The Politics of Extradition January 29, 2019
- Major Changes To The Criminal Law In 2018 December 31, 2018
- Montreal criminal lawyers adapting to pot legalization October 31, 2018