Both of these notorious white collar criminals received close to the maximum sentence available for the offences they were charged with. Yet many believe the resulting punishment was insufficient for their crimes and they wonder why the prosecution didn’t attempt to obtain consecutive sentences for multiple charges relating to individual victims. The principles of sentencing for an ongoing multiple victim scheme are not clearly defined in our law. Bernie Madoff must wish he had operated in Canada.
- Supreme Court of Canada Issues Landmark Ruling In Drug Cases January 7, 2021
- British Court Refuses Extradition of Julian Assange January 6, 2021
- The Politics of Extradition January 29, 2019
- Major Changes To The Criminal Law In 2018 December 31, 2018
- Montreal criminal lawyers adapting to pot legalization October 31, 2018