Although the circumstances of the fatal accident between a cyclist and a city bus are not yet known it seems doubtful the bus illegally failed to stop at an intersection. Previous blogs have decried the failure of cyclists to conform to the rules of the road and the lack of police enforcement of the Highway Code with respect to cyclists. It is perhaps worthwhile to note the improvement in the safety habits of motorcyle riders after years of police operations and public awareness campaigns: By and large riders in Montreal now seem to practice safe habits. One can only hope cyclists will learn to stop trying to prove they can out race cars by ignoring stop signals and direction indicators before many more tragic mishaps occur.
- STM continues to hand out proof-of-purchase fines despite judge’s ruling December 13, 2017
- First-degree murder charge for man accused of stabbing pregnant wife’s belly July 25, 2017
- How juries make tough choices August 24, 2016
- Principles of Extradition Law June 28, 2016
- Recent Developments in Medical Marijuana March 25, 2016