Criminal lawyers in Montreal are preparing for turbulent times as Crown prosecutors prepare to strike on Tuesday. Delays, which are often appreciated by clients and their lawyers, are foreseen in cases where the accused are on bail while cases involving detained persons should proceed. However, it remains to be seen whether these so-called essential services will be provided with the usual efficiency by disgruntled prosecutors.
- STM continues to hand out proof-of-purchase fines despite judge’s ruling December 13, 2017
- First-degree murder charge for man accused of stabbing pregnant wife’s belly July 25, 2017
- How juries make tough choices August 24, 2016
- Principles of Extradition Law June 28, 2016
- Recent Developments in Medical Marijuana March 25, 2016