It is interesting how uniform the attitude of Montreal criminal defence lawyers towards Crown Prosecutors is in the aftermath of the imposed settlement ending the two week strike which all but paralyzed to criminal justice system. Defence lawyers are all aware of the palpable resentment, bordering on hostility, of the prosecutors with the result that they are being largely left alone for the balance of the week. The number of phone calls coming into the Crown’s switchboard must be drastically reduced as defence attorneys allow for a cooling off period before attempting any meaningful dealings with their counterparts.
- STM continues to hand out proof-of-purchase fines despite judge’s ruling December 13, 2017
- First-degree murder charge for man accused of stabbing pregnant wife’s belly July 25, 2017
- How juries make tough choices August 24, 2016
- Principles of Extradition Law June 28, 2016
- Recent Developments in Medical Marijuana March 25, 2016