Faced with the controversial issue of open promotion of marijuana use by pot activist Marc Emery our fearless right wing leader decided to avoid confrontation in Canada and simply let the Americans deal with the Vancouver resident. Since Mr. Emery allegedly delivered marijuana seeds to our great neighbour to the south the Americans had the right to charge him there and obtain his extradition in order to face their draconian criminal justice system. This begs the question: did not Mr. Emery also sell in Canada? Why was he not prosecuted under the laws of his own country? The answer seems to be that the pro pot lobby is strong and vociferous enough that it would not easily be bullied by the Harper machine and the political fallout might prove costly to his utilitarian government.
- First-degree murder charge for man accused of stabbing pregnant wife’s belly July 25, 2017
- How juries make tough choices August 24, 2016
- Principles of Extradition Law June 28, 2016
- Recent Developments in Medical Marijuana March 25, 2016
- Medical Marijuana Cultivation March 21, 2016